We are beyond happy and proud to show you the film SAY AAAHHH made by Bine Bach for Magasin Department Store.
The film won the Magasin prize in 2019 and is finally ready!
Bine Bach the director won 125.000 DKK to make the film, and SAY AAAHHH is the new fashion film for Magasin that takes us on a journey to the magic Magasin.
The Magasin prize has run for three years and we will continue the work to find new talents together with Magasin.
But first we are proud to present:
A girl has forgotten her best friend’s birthday and with only a few minutes to spare she’s left with the one and only question; what to wear?
The idea behind the film came from an insight being that Magasin is a place where it’s almost impossible to not find something to wear. It’s this big place full of different types of clothing. Stepping into Magasin is, therefore, a bit like stepping into a huge, endless closet …
We asked Bine a few questions:
For you as a director, why do you find fashion short film interesting as a media?
- I find fashion short film interesting as a media, because I, first of all, love short filmmaking. Secondly, because fashion film is not a very defined medium, it’s super broad. This provides you with a big space to play within.
Which possibilities do you find in the genre of fashion short films?
- I think there are many possibilities, so for me, the main thing is narrowing it down. That is why I try to focus mostly on surreal comedy.
What are the challenges – technical, branding or design-wise etc?
- One challenge is that everyone has a smartphone with a camera. This makes it easy for brands to quickly record something with a lot of spontaneous, unpolished authenticity on their own. But, at the same time, it also makes it a fun challenge as a filmmaker – figuring out how to best tell a story from the click of a thumb with very few resources.
What do you see happen in the future for the fashion short film?
- I think future-wise in regards to fashion short film, you will see more of these super-low budget phone videos but with more specific storytelling in them.
Will you continue to work with the format?
What do you wish to gain from a platform as CFF?
- I hope to gain some exposure. And hopefully, this exposure will expand my network within the fashion film industry.
Stills from SAY AAAHHH:
Director: Bine Bach
Model & actress: Catharina Pedersen
Producer: Iben Søtang
Director of Photography: Jonas Blond
1st AC: Frank Nielsen
Gaffer: Jesper Bach
Assistant Gaffer: David Draad
Head of Production: Christina Bach
Set Design: Josefine Bisgaard Mikkelsen
Styling: Sigrid Rents
Hair & Makeup: Pia Poulsen
On-set sound: Kåre Toft Sørensen
Production Assistant & BTS: Emma Sennels
Production Assistant: Rebekka Hove
Chief Crab: Søren Refsgaard Jørgensen
Sounddesign: Catrine Le Dous
Colour grading: Sarah Salzmann